intermittent brake warning light on instrument panel

Sometimes after driving about one mile in the morning my brake warning light will come on for a few seconds. I do not feel any diminished braking and the light comes on when my foot is off the pedal. The pedal does not sink to the floor or anything. Does anyone have any explanations? This is a 1998 Accord LX 4cyl. Thank you.

Reply to
digiti

"digiti" wrote in news:45e6d1d6$0$5233$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

First, check the brake fluid level in the Master Cylinder. If that's OK, see here:

Tegger

and if the cylinder is one of those cheapo after-market deals because it's been replaced, you may as well just disconnect the sensor leads and forget about it. their sensors are awful and you'll regularly get false positives - their floaters sink.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:dq6dnWd4jag9QHvYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

For that to happen, you'd have to replace the cap too. The sensors are in the cap.

Reply to
Tegger

cap comes with the replacement cylinder and reservoir on that aftermarket stuff.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:S9udnZAd6KwwB3rYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Mine (NAPA) didn't. I had to reuse my old cap.

Reply to
Tegger

good! sounds like napa are smarter!

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks for the replies and the pdf file. I topped off the master cylinder reservoir with brake fluid so far so good.

Reply to
digiti