Intermittent problem with starter solenoid?

1997 Civic EX. Turn the key and nothing. Keep trying, and it will miraculously start normally. Never a hint of a problem until yesterday. Battery OK. Everything else electrical works. No anti-
theft system. Besides checking for voltage at the solenoid when the key is turned what are the most likely suspects? Clutch interlock switch? Other relays I don't know about?
Den wrote:

Read this thread, follow the links. Decide which problem is yours.
http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t 252&highlight=solenoid
'Curly'

Thanks for the link. Den

I have a 94 Integra GSR that had the same problem;the copper solenoid contacts erode and only make intermittent contact,then fail completely. It was a Denso starter that does not have a replaceable solenoid. I believe your model has a different starter that can have the solenoid replaced without replacing the entire starter at great expense. I was able to find a place that sold me a kit of replacement contacts and plunger and "rebuilt" the solenoid myself.I haven't had any trouble since.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik