Inviting every hybrid owners in Seattle to prove us wrong.

In message , GasSaver writes

How do you get an alternator to work as a DC motor?

Reply to
Clive

What normal cars get better gas mileage than the Insight? The morons on that site are trying to compare their own mileage with the Insight's EPA estimated mileage, and that's an invalid comparison. Further, the Yaris and the Insight are different classes of cars, further making the comparison invalid.

Oh, and I'm a Prius owner, and I doubt that I'd ever buy an Insight.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

You need to get one of the "really good" alternators.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch

If you go here:

you can look up EPA and actual user mpg for most cars. Look at 2008 models to get a good population of real owners' fuel economy experiences. The most efficient cars are:

2008 Model EPA city/hwy/comb. Owner mpg (# owners) Prius 48/45/46 46.2 (104) Civic Hybrid 40/45/42 45.7 (49) Smart For2 33/41/36 38.5 (40)

So what have we learned?

  1. The top hybrids both get significantly better mileage than the teeny tiny Smart car, and way better than any other gas or diesel car on the market.
  2. The top hybrids both beat their EPA overall estimates, by a pretty big margin in the case of the Honda.
  3. GasSaver is a lying sack of shit. No, wait. We already knew that.
Reply to
Gordon McGrew

Not to mention that the Smart For 2 requires premium gas.

Oh my brother, testify!

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Joe, please go to this web-site:

It will open your mind. If you bought a hybrid already then you can always resell it. The word "1-yr Warranty will be printed on your receipt" We are law-abiding company and citizens.

Cheers,

GasSaver.

BTW - We already reached 90-mpg on converting Mercedes-Benz's any models C220 - E320 to triple mileage with superior power. Thanks to our Friction-2-Energy technology, it makes a big difference.

GasSaver

on 4/22/2009 10:31 PM (ET) GasSaver wrote the following:

I went to your site and there is one thing there that will definitely improve gas mileage. Use of the ScanGauge II, pictured on your home page, which will show you how to improve your driving habits to improve MPG. However, your use of this gauge as proof of the MPG gained with your system is misleading. I have a ScanGauge II mounted on my dashboard. I have a 1997 Nissan PU with the 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder FI engine which EPA Highway rating was 19 MPG at the time of its manufacture. The figures on your ScanGauge are no proof of anything that you have done. I can get any MPG reading, RPM reading, or even gallons used per hour on my ScanGauge by merely letting up on the gas pedal at any speed. At 80 miles per hour, I can get a MPG reading in the hundreds by taking my foot off the gas pedal. Letting up on the gas pedal and pushing the clutch in when going downhill.will give me a 9999 MPG reading. When someone uses a deception as proof of something, as you have, I feel there are more deceptive statements lurking in their 'proofs'.

Reply to
willshak

This is exactly right. Nothing on the website proves or even explains anything. Yes, we (and every automotive engineer) know that friction and the combustion processes have inefficiencies. Auto companies have spent billions to minimize these losses with significant results. Now you have a mystery tune-up that magically triples gas mileage and you are hawking it on usenet. Is there any real question why NO ONE takes you seriously. You are either a fraud or a lunatic.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

In message , Gordon McGrew writes

Fraud, there's always some mug prepared to part with hard earned cash for empty promises.

Reply to
Clive

on 4/23/2009 9:25 AM (ET) Clive wrote the following:

Back when I started driving in the early 50s, I bought almost every gas saving device offered by snake salesman. This one provides a 20% increase in gas mileage, this other one provides a 30% savings in gas, etc. etc. I had over a 100% percent savings in gas after all were installed. The only problem I had was that about every 100 miles or so, I had to stop and drain some of the gas out of the tank because it would overflow otherwise. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Joe sorry I don't understand what you're trying to tell me with your car and our video. Don';t be confused with dynamic MPG display with Average MPG display. Go to Scangauge or just forget it for now, I will show you a new proof you'd never seen before. A full video of a 75 miles trip from Seattle to Olympia to prove that our fixes make a big difference, to show you all instrumentation on the car itself and you can send me your security sticker to seal the gas cap to make sure I won't add any more fuel. You will see the fuel gauge refusing to come down after 35 miles driving, after

40 miles it will come down about 1/2 a gallon. I will squeeze that video to compressed size so you won't have to spend 1-hr watching it.

Joe, you misunderstand, OFS doesn't make Scangauge, the scanguageII showing

9999MPG is not our deceptive proof of anything, It is a Scangauge way of telling people that the fuel line is cut off by a car computer, they say but I can't substantiate that claim. Please don't assume it was our intention to deceive any one.

Lunatic or not it's only your frame of reference. Yes you know about frictions but you don't do anything about them, that's what eat your pocket up alive, further more you standardize the frictions in your brake system. You called them by-design or your laws-of-physics. "They are NOT any laws of physics, they are your design failure". Look at your GM and FORD today, their failures mimic your thinking. That's the real fraud for not telling people of their inability to correct the problems.

This is why I offer you guys to make a full video of a 75 miles trip from Seattle to Olympia to prove that our fixes make a big difference, to show you all instrumentation on the car itself and you can send me your security sticker to seal the gas cap to make sure I won't add any more fuel. You will see the fuel gauge refusing to come down after 35 miles driving, after

40 miles it will come down about 1/2 a gallon. I will squeeze that video to compressed size so you won't have to spend 1-hr watching it.
Reply to
GasSaver

How amusing :) The frictions from my security sticker are eating up my pockets alive. The people are being defrauded because of their inabability to correct their problems. OMG! My fuel gauge refuses to go down on me. At least he's willing to squeeze my video. I've got a big one; might take two hands---could be nice. Best way to save gasoline: Ride your bicycle to work. This poor fellow's Mom & Dad deserve a tax rebate for his public school education. Take the money you save riding your bike and invest it in a decent education for your kids....

Reply to
Enrico Fermi

No time for you Amigos. The mark of your vehicle tells how much education you have, America's falling apart is another example.

Reply to
GasSaver

Thus spake "GasSaver" :

Um, wouldn't that be an AC motor? An alternator is AC, a generator is DC.

The diesel-electric locomotive has done a great job in fuel efficiency. It might seem like a huge fuel burner, but look at the ton-miles per gallon.

Now, if GM could translate their success over the last 60 years to cars ...

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Gordon McGrew :

As was pointed out, a lot depends on the driving technique. When I drive my Fit "conservatively", I can usually get 32 or so in town. When I drive like I normally do, I get around 28.

When I make my occasional long haul (like the 240 miles to Houston), I can get 35 at an average of 75.

Perhaps if he built a car that ran on methane, he could compost his bullshit, extract the gas and go forever.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Agreed.

These little cars will send you to cemetery quicker than you think, No protection, Too thin. Until something terrible happened first then you'll learn.

Plus, below is the thing unwise thinkers usually fall for:

Even with 2-psi LPG (Propane gas) it can't move your car, why do you people think it's going to save you gas?

Reply to
GasSaver

"These little cars"? Your so-called credibility drops with each post you make. The Prius is _not_ a little car by any means, and it does extremely well in crash tests. Ask the SUV driver who rear-ended my car last summer how well a Prius holds up in an accident. Her SUV needed to be towed, I just needed my bumper replaced.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Wow, I can drive my GS-R like I stole it and still get 24mpg. I don't know how much more I could if I drove it conservatively because I have only had the car 12 years and I haven't gotten around to testing that yet ;-)

The GS-R still gets about 24 mpg at a constant 75.

At least the thermodynamics work out on that plan.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

Maybe he meant the Smart for 2.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Well, if he meant only that one, he should have made it clear. However, from another post of his (you'll likely have read it by the time you read this post), it's clear he claims the Prius is a death trap.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg