Is Isuzu Oasis and Honda Odyssey same vehicle?

Okay,here's the deal...found a really clean mid nineties Isuzu Oasis that I'm very interested in but I want to know if it's actually a rebadged Odyssey.I know Honda sold the Passport which was really an Isuzu.I haven't
opened the hood to verify that it's a Honda powerplant though.Does anyone know?Are these good vehicles? Thanks! Glenn

They are Odysseys, with Isuzu badges and radios.
In the 90s, Honda (a car mfr who makes no trucks) made a deal with Isuzu (a truck mfr who makes no cars): Honda would sell rebadged Isuzu trucks, and Isuzu would sell rebadged Honda cars. The idea was that they'd both end up with a full line of vehicles for their showrooms.
The first deal they struck was the Odyssey for the Rodeo.
The deal never went any further.
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote:

With the caveat that only the first generation Odyssey was sold as Isuzu Oasis. The second and third generations Honda kept to themselves. In the US market, anyway.
A very modest collection of Honda tech info can be found at:
Honda also sold Isuzu Troopers as Acura SLX until the MDX came out.
--
Brett W. Rohlfing
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net