Is my starter going out?

I've got a 1991 honda civic LX. I've had ignition coil problems but recently replaced the coil, dist. cap and plug wires and I think that is OK. Now sometimes when I go to start my car there is kind of a
grinding noise, and it doesn't turn over. If I keep trying it usually starts up. I think this might be my starter going out, any ideas?
Thanks -Sam
Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Is it a grinding or more of a rapid chattering noise?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
More of a grinding noise. Sometimes it turns over and starts, sometimes it grinds, sometimes it is kind of a loud hum.
Add pictures here
âś–
When the starter is engaged the gear is pushed forward into the flywheel. The starter sometimes gets gummed up and the gear is moved too slow and starts turning before engaged grinding away at the teeth. Keep doing it and the teeth will be damaged. To answer your question you need to pull the starter and replace/repare it.

Add pictures here
âś–
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

Replace the starter ASAP before you screw your ring gear up more than it already is.