Is there anything like this for a 99 CIVIC?

I am thinking about doing the timing belt myself.

Is there anything like this

for the civic? Thanks

Reply to
asdf

I don't know if there other helpful links but I replaced the timing belt on my '98 CRV recently. I didn't have to disconnect the power steering line as the link suggested. I just removed the pivot and anchor bolts and moved it slightly out of the way. It was necessary since the rubber PS line was blocking access to the engine mount bolts.

Here's one VERY important little tip to keep in mind when you're installing the new belt: Buy two 3/16" drill bits(or 5mm pin punches) and fit them (after everything is lined up perfectly at TDC) through the holes in the #1 cylinder camshaft holders and the corresponding holes in the camshafts. This will hold the cam pulleys steady as you're trying to slip the new belt over them. It will make your life MUCH easier...believe me. It still took me several times to get it right since the crankshaft pulley moved a little bit on my first two attempts. This is one area where you don't want to settle for getting it kinda close...it should be almost perfect.

Just remember to remove the drill bits(or pin punches) afterwards :)

Reply to
Headknocker via CarKB.com

TTT

I just wanted to keep this thread current for a little longer since I can't stress enough the importance of inserting the 5mm pin punches(or 3/16" drill bits) to hold the cam pulleys steady. The procedure is a stone-cold PITA if you don't secure the cam pulleys in some way. Just a little FYI :)

Reply to
Headknocker via CarKB.com