JDM ENGINES

Anyone have experience buying a jdm motor from japan and happy?

I had a shop put one into my '89 Prelude Si about 4 years ago. Engine ran great until I got rid of it about a year later in '05, but everything things around it were starting to fall apart.
-Dave
Sqip wrote:

google this group - various people here have tried them and are happy with the results. i've also examined them in junk yards where they've been used in subsequently scrapped cars, and they are most definitely in /much/ better condition than the high mileage stuff usually seen here.
Sqip wrote:

I put a JDM B20A in my 1990 Prelude after the B21A1 in it started burning 3 quarts of oil per week, and I'm MUCH happier with the JDM B20A. It only burns about half a quart every 3 weeks. (I drive long distances, and I drive aggressively)
Jon