Just bought a 97 Accord

Hi! Just bought a 97 Accord. It has 109,000K, and Ive noticed that it makes a grinding noise, like something slipping, at around (give or take a little) 2,000 RPMs. It only happens after about 1/2 hour of
driving, and it might happen just a few times then, when I try to accelerate. Its very frustrating becuase I have 2 more weeks on the warranty, and becuse its such an intermittent problem, the dealership doesnt hear it when they test drive it. Any suggestions??? :?
Try recording it.

Two thoughts for you to consider. First document the problem and how you have tried to get the dealership to deal with it. Make sure the dealership writes up your problem and reports what they have checked, in writing. Consider leaving the car there overnight. Second,lossen all of the drive belts and spin the accessories (alternator / AC idler / etc.) by hand to see if you have a bearing going bad or an accessory binding. I would also spin all of the wheels by hand to see if I could detect any noise or roughness. Good luck!
my 97 honda does the same exact thing but only when i drive it in D4. ive have a brand new radiator, c.v. axils, all the belts, and the oil checks out good.the fuses even look good. my dealership also could not find a problem. but i know its there. my car sound like your riding the white line in the street.
"Sarita" wrote: > Hi! I found this thread while looking for info on problems > like the one I have with my recently purchised accord. It has > 109,000K, and I've noticed that it makes a grinding noise, > like something slipping, at around (give or take a little) > 2,000 RPM's. It only happens after about 1/2 hour of driving, > and it might happen just a few times then, when I try to > accelerate. It's very frustrating becuase I have 2 more weeks > on the warranty, and becuse it's such an intermittent problem, > the dealership doesn't hear it when they test drive it. Any > suggestions??? :?