Just ordered an grounding strap for 99 Odyssey

"Jim Yanik" wrote

Since that sentence is incomplete, I don't know what you're saying.

OK....

Regardless, today I wore my "bad" shoes and got out of the car without holding onto the door frame. I, uh, dragged my knuckles across the parking garage floor, and when I touched my car there was no shock. Pretty good! However, I tried the same in my home's garage, which has metal rods in the concrete. When I dragged my knuckles across THAT floor, I got a shock.

Reply to
Howard Lester

  1. you need to check into the materials used in a v.d.g. generator.
  2. you need to try the belt experiment i did.
Reply to
jim beam

Not sure if you are joking or not. I am going to approach it as if you are not.

When he said "ground", he didn't mean the ground you walk on. He meant electrical ground. IE the body of the car. Hold the door frame, slide across the seat and exit the vehicle, maintaining contact with the metal the entire time. You will not build a charge.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

"Joe LaVigne" wrote

I wasn't joking, because that is what he intimated. For years I have done exactly what you describe, and it is foolproof. Jim seemed to have suggested a different method, and, having tried it yesterday, it apparently does work (as long as there's no metal in the concrete!).

Reply to
Howard Lester