key stuck in ignition

I know there is a lot on here about this but I have read everything and still can't get my key out. It happens often but I can usually restart my car and move the gears around and it will come out. Not anymore though. When I turn it so my shift lights light up the D is always lit as well as the P even though it is only in park. So I move the shifts around and now still nothing. I can drive it fine but can't get the damn key out.

I took off the plastic covering to get closer to it but can't figure out anything.

Help?????

Reply to
kcnover

Can you wait until Psychic Wednesday, or will you tell us what kind of 'car' it is?

I'm guessing Honda Civic. Try this:

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I am getting a vision in my crystal ball. I am seeing an old Accord - maybe a 1990, 1991 or 1992. I am seeing the problem get worse when it is cold out.

Yes, my crystal ball is glowing now. I see a console switch. Yes, that's it. The OP has a new console switch in his future.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew