key stuck in ignition

I know there is a lot on here about this but I have read everything and still can't get my key out. It happens often but I can usually restart my car and move the gears around and it will come out. Not
anymore though. When I turn it so my shift lights light up the D is always lit as well as the P even though it is only in park. So I move the shifts around and now still nothing. I can drive it fine but can't get the damn key out.
I took off the plastic covering to get closer to it but can't figure out anything.
Help?????
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

========================== Can you wait until Psychic Wednesday, or will you tell us what kind of 'car' it is?
I'm guessing Honda Civic. Try this: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/x97-009e.pdf
'Curly'

I am getting a vision in my crystal ball. I am seeing an old Accord - maybe a 1990, 1991 or 1992. I am seeing the problem get worse when it is cold out.

Yes, my crystal ball is glowing now. I see a console switch. Yes, that's it. The OP has a new console switch in his future.