keyless entry problem 98 civic

I am having some problems with my keyless entry system in my 98 coupe. the system only opens the driver side door. I press the button 600 times, and still only get the driver to unlock and lock. I hear and
see no movement with the passenger side lock. any suggestions? thanks Jon

http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-keyless-entry-problem-98-civic-ftopict131999.html
You need to press the button 604 times. Try again. ;-) Greg.
might be a dumb question, but if your inside the car and press the unlock button on the door(not the keyless), does it unlock the passanger door?

http://www.autoforumz.com/Honda-keyless-entry-problem-98-civic-ftopict131999.html

Is that a factory or aftermarket system, and if aftermarket did it ever unlock the passenger door? sounds like it might be miswired.
Mike
"" wrote:
> > >I am having some problems with my keyless entry system in my > 98 coupe. > > the system only opens the driver side door. I press the > button 600 > > times, and still only get the driver to unlock and lock. I > hear and > > see no movement with the passenger side lock. any > suggestions? > > thanks > > Jon > > > Is that a factory or aftermarket system, and if aftermarket > did it ever > unlock the passenger door? sounds like it might be miswired. > > Mike
it is factory and it worked for up until a few months ago

Unless the lock controller has a weird problem, I think there is something telling it not to unlock the passenger door - maybe a child safety lock. A careful reading of the owner's manual may have the answer to that.
Mike
thedonga wrote:

Since you probably never use the key in the passenger's lock, it may just be stiff / dried out. Go to a hardware or locksmith and get a small aerosol can of LockEase and HOSE the inside of all five key locks on your coupe. It's graphite, so expect the keys to be messy for a while. Wiggle the key to 'massage' the propellant and graphite deep into the mechanism (include the trunk, ignition, and glove box)
I've done this on every used car I've owned, and it cures / prevents lots of problems, especially when the remote is used almost exclusively.
'Curly'
"" wrote: > thedonga wrote: > > I am having some problems with my keyless entry system in my > 98 coupe. > > the system only opens the driver side door. I press the > button 600 > > times, and still only get the driver to unlock and lock. I > hear and > > see no movement with the passenger side lock. any > suggestions? > > thanks > > Jon > > ---------------------- > > Since you probably never use the key in the passenger's lock, > it may > just be stiff / dried out. Go to a hardware or locksmith and > get a small > aerosol can of LockEase and HOSE the inside of all five key > locks on > your coupe. It's graphite, so expect the keys to be messy for > a while. > Wiggle the key to 'massage' the propellant and graphite deep > into the > mechanism (include the trunk, ignition, and glove box) > > I've done this on every used car I've owned, and it cures / > prevents > lots of problems, especially when the remote is used almost > exclusively. > > 'Curly'
I actually always use the key in the passenger lock....gotta let the girlfriend in first :)

Your wisdom is a shining beacon!
Mike