Kia Optima beats Accord

All the Honda dealers in my area (Poughkeepsie, NY area) have loaner fleets.

Reply to
Seth

yeah, but put me behind the wheel of a 'Speed3, and I don't care what it looks like.

Hey, Honda--are you even aware of what's on the market today?

I've said for awhile: stick the Civic motor into the Fit, upgrade the brakes and suspension, do up the body/interior appropriately, and bring me the Fit Si.

It'd be the Civic Si of old--small and lightweight car with the (relatively) big motor--and I might actually consider it.

Black/red or red/black. If you're going to do it, do it right. My wife owned the 83 S, red. I fondly remember that car.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

as Tegger said, that's a local thing.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news:elmop- snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

If they would only fix that awful, grinning, ghoulishly leering grille, I would care less about what the 3 looks like.

Sometimes I wonder. Where's the Civic Wagon?

Wagons are big these days, now that they're being marketed as "Sport" vehicles. I suppose Honda wants you to buy a Fit if you want a wagon, but the Fit is too small for my liking.

That's a thought. I'm wondering if Honda may have considered it, but then decided it might cannibalize Civic sales?

The Civic Si of old could not be built these days for the US-market: "safety" regulations make it basically impossible to make a light car.

These days they're all porky for their size; everything I looked at that was the same size as my Integra is about 400# heavier than the 'Teg, and the 'Teg was not a light car when it was new.

Reply to
Tegger

Maybe next time I mention this to a local Honda dealer here. But I know what their answer would be: I could rent a car from them from their rental fleet. :-(

Reply to
Cameo