Kia Optima beats Accord

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Add me to the list.
Back in '91 I went to the Toyota dealer looking for another Corolla Liftback. Seeing they had nothing of the kind other than wagons, I went elsewhere, finding what I wanted with Honda in the form of the Integra hatch.
I look now, to replace the 'Teg, and other than the TSX Wagon (overpriced), I see nothing I like.

That's very much a local thing, and should be locally considered. Dealer support is critical.
My local Acura dealer has been an absolute dream. Not perfect by a long shot, but good enough to make me wonder whether paying a bit more for the TSX wagon might not be worth continuing with my dealer...

I /really/ like the 3 Sport. /Really/ like it. Not sure about the local Mazda dealer, though.

They're built in the same plants with the same workers and many of the same parts. In most markets "Acura" models are sold as "Honda".

I don't like the looks of anything these days. Mazda 3 included.
--
Tegger

yeah, but put me behind the wheel of a 'Speed3, and I don't care what it looks like.
Hey, Honda--are you even aware of what's on the market today?
I've said for awhile: stick the Civic motor into the Fit, upgrade the brakes and suspension, do up the body/interior appropriately, and bring me the Fit Si.
It'd be the Civic Si of old--small and lightweight car with the (relatively) big motor--and I might actually consider it.
Black/red or red/black. If you're going to do it, do it right. My wife owned the 83 S, red. I fondly remember that car.

If they would only fix that awful, grinning, ghoulishly leering grille, I would care less about what the 3 looks like.

Sometimes I wonder. Where's the Civic Wagon?
Wagons are big these days, now that they're being marketed as "Sport" vehicles. I suppose Honda wants you to buy a Fit if you want a wagon, but the Fit is too small for my liking.

That's a thought. I'm wondering if Honda may have considered it, but then decided it might cannibalize Civic sales?

The Civic Si of old could not be built these days for the US-market: "safety" regulations make it basically impossible to make a light car.
These days they're all porky for their size; everything I looked at that was the same size as my Integra is about 400# heavier than the 'Teg, and the 'Teg was not a light car when it was new.
--
Tegger

From what I'm hearing, Hyundai. Hyundai has made massive gains since the early-'90s. Hyundai is now a legit competitor to Honda. Honda knows it too, copying Honda's market offerings almost line-by-line.
I'm hearing (first hand) absolute raves about the new Sonata, which costs way less than the Accord. On the other hand, the Accent purchased by another acquaintance is not looking promising: dealer messed up the A/C system big-time when installing the "carbon fiber" trim pieces, and has not yet been able to fix it, and the right-hand signal-repeater now has moisture inside of it...
--
Tegger

Correction: HYUNDAI knows it too,...".
--