Lamp change?

1998 Accord EX coupe. First the back light for the fan and temperature setting went out and I lived w/o. Now the back-light on the clock has gone out. How big a job to change all of them, or at least get the clock light
changed?
Thanks, Joe

Very easy.
"Joe J" wrote in message
1998 Accord EX coupe. First the back light for the fan and temperature setting went out and I lived w/o. Now the back-light on the clock has gone out. How big a job to change all of them, or at least get the clock light changed?
Thanks, Joe Thanks all, got the lamp changed. $3 plus tax and and thirty miles to the dealer, but at least I can read the clock at night again.
Now about the fan & temperature lights, how tough are those?
Thanks, Joe

If you had to take it to the dealer to fix yer clock why do you want to know about the other. I could fix it in probably 30 min. a dealer will charge you an hour. $100 labour + $20 for little bulbs and you are on your way. Easy job.

..
I believe that he went to the dealer to get the bulb not to have it installed.
On 11/10/2010 6:17 AM, Clete wrote:

.
Heat/AC controls come out almost as easily as the clock. And it starts by removing the clock first. When you pry the unit off, there will be multiple mini-bulbs accessible from the back of the instrument cluster. Of course not all bulbs are the same, so when I did it to change one, it took 2 trips to the dealer, and a 'special' order. They were about $5 each.
Diagram of the back of instrument cluster is shown here: http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0cf31b3127cce985480cb8ef300000030100Act2rhizYtWMg/cwvDm9asA3Lw9auXIbl5etGTAg
On 11/10/2010 8:01 AM, Granny McUtah wrote:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0cf31b3127cce985480cb8ef300000030100Act2rhizYtWMg/cwvDm9asA3Lw9auXIbl5etGTAg I meant the fan and temperature controls below the clock, not the ones on the instrument panel.

My oops. Sorry. I should have looked closer at the schematic.
Since my A/C fan & temp control had a light go out recently, I changed it out, and took some photos of process if they'd be of any value.
But it sounds like you managed to make the bulb swap of the fan and temp control panel ok? The whole process took me about 10 minutes. But $5.98 for a single mini-bulb at the dealer, that's insane.

Actually no, I got the clock lamp changed ok, but I was hoping for some guidance on replacing the fan & temperature lamps, located below the clock panel.