lazy tach

1992 honda civic ex all of a sudden, the tach reads zero at idle. works fine above idle. now what?

if a thump on the dash fixes it temporarily,

#1, remove and check interface connections. #2, check other wiring loom connections like where they connect to the body.

if that doesn't work, replace tech with a donor from a junkyard. i had a bad one on my crx, so i know they go bad sometimes.

other possibility is a failing igniter, but you'd probably have other symptoms by now.

Reply to
jim beam

now it's better, but I don't trust it.... i keep thinking "leaky capacitors" and such.