leak from power steering Honda civic ex 2001

I have a Honda Civic EX Coupe with power steering fluid leak. I loose about an ounce or two in a week. One shop told me it is leaking from power stee ring rack seals and the only way to correct that is the replace the Rack. E sti,mtae cost $850. A bit steep. Is there a easier or alternative fix? Also I learned about presence of power steering leak fixing fluids. I know Honda uses special power steering fluid. So, is there a power steering lea k fix fluid that will not damage Honda power steering system?

Reply to
Adsiz

Adsiz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

No. I'll bet the boots are split. That lets in dirt, which chews up the seals. Or else the wrong fluid was used.

No. Once it's broken, it stays broken.

Reply to
Tegger