Leaking gas tank,'92 Accord

    Time to replace the tank on my '92 Accord. Used ones available for $100.00, and after market new one for $130.00. Will buy a new one and
paint it if it's raw steel.     Any ideas out there as to getting the half tank of fuel out of the old one before I remove it from the car? Possible to use the fuel pump to pump it into a couple of 5 gallon containers?     Any other things I should be aware of? bob
Try a pump like
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber1779 ($17)
Do a keyword search for {hand pump} for more pumps.
Tubing may be purchased cheaply at places like Home Depot and Lowe's.
Wal-Mart has a garden hand pump/sprayer for about $10. You might be able to rig this for your needs.
Autozone has cheap, Mity-Vac style brake system vacuum pumps that are worth investigating for this as well.

My 90 Accord has a drain plug! Does yours?
Rod
Elle wrote: