Learning logic of 05 Accord nav system?

I've been using the nav system of the 05 Accord, and have noticed numerous instances where it learns / remembers the speed of streets I frequently travel (an awesome feature). For example, its routing logic used to prefer a highly congested road with a high speed limit, but after frequently driving the road and getting stuck in traffic, it now prefers an alternate route.

Does anyone know the specifics of the logic, so I can more appropriately train the nav system?

For example:

1) It appears to need more than 1 trip down a road before it remembers the road's speed. How many prior trips does it take for its logic to start remembering? 2) How does it calculate its speed if you drive a road numerous times? (eg, most recent trip, or average of x most recent trips) 3) If I don't drive a road for a long time, when does it forget about the custom speed?

-MVL

Reply to
mvl_groups_user