LED Flashers

I want to replace my incandescent light bulbs with LED lights. I matched up the right numbers with the corresponding LEDs, however, while some of the LEDs work fine (rear tail lights, rear licence plate lights, and rear turn signals once the thermal flasher relay was replaced with a digital flasher relay), the others either don't work (front turn signals 1156), or the LED light will start to smoke (brake/tail lights 2057).

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

- 1987 Accord Sedan

Reply to
DJ

why? it's costing you a bunch more money and giving you inferior results.

some older style lighting units ground one bulb through another to create on-off effects for turn signals. you can't do that with led's.

led's have a narrow angle of emission and it's very hard to optimize them for the wide viewing angles needed on cars, particularly signal lights. that's with lighting specifically designed to take advantage of them. trying to retrofit led's into a reflector/lens system designed for omni-directional incandescents is a fundamentally flawed concept because of the mis-match in viewing assumptions in design.

just go back to incandescents, then you won't have any of these problems. and you're less likely to be hit by someone not paying attention because they can't see your narrow angle lights properly.

Reply to
jim beam