Length - 2006 CRV

I am purchasing a 2006 CRV 2.2 CDTi Sport and wish to confirm the length as I am re-arranging the garage in readiness and have found on the internet that the length is 181 inches (15' 1"). Can anyone tell me whether that includes the spare wheel and cover or is it bumper to bumper? This will decide whether I need to replace the shelves with something narrower.

Reply to
Keith W

Keith W warbled...

I have a 2005 CRV 2,2 CDTi Sport, and believe the model hadn't changed within that year (Mine was among the first in the new shape). My handbook specifies that the European model with the hard spare tyre cover is 182.5" (4635mm). The soft cover provided with lower spec models would be 181.7" (4615mm).

Incidentally, it is 70.3" wide and 67.3"high. I believe the width includes the wing mirrors and I am unsure whether the height includes the 'bee-sting type' aerial, though suspect it does.

I don't have an urgent compulsion to rush out in the rain with a tape measure and check though, sorry.

Reply to
Heglog

Thanks for that Bev. That makes the over all length about 5 inches less than the space available so, with careful insertion, it should fit the garage OK. My worry was that the extra depth of the hard cover would mean taking a hacksaw to my steel shelving. Width and length look as if they will be OK as well, fortunately, when we had a new up and over door fitted some time ago we went for a high one. I think you are also right about the model being the same in both years, certainly they look to be the same. They also share a Haynes manual which I have discovered comes out in October. Thanks again.

Keith

Reply to
Keith W

Keith W warbled...

You're luckier than me then. My garage door is a cm shorter than it needs to be. I *can* fit the CRV into it... but only by removing the aerial!

Ooooh, good news about the Haynes manual. I was beginning to think they'd never get round to one.

When you get it, I hope you enjoy driving it as much as I enjoy mine (though I *still* sometimes reach for the handbrake in the wrong place - but in my defence, that's usually after I've driven something else... and reached for their handbrake where mine would be!)

Reply to
Heglog

I am sure we will. Know what you mean about the handbrake, missed it twice on the test drive. Also test drove a 2008 Vauxhall Zafira. You should see the handbrake on that. It is in the conventional position but is rectangular.

This link should take you to the page for the manual. I clicked the 'Customer Services Department' link and left my details to be notified when it is published. Ours is the diesel but the manual covers both (although yours may be diesel as well for all I know).

Keith W

Keith W warbled...

Thanks for the link. I've done the same (and yes, mine's the diesel - same model as yours, just a year older... and being older is becoming the story of my life)

Reply to
Heglog

Just thought I'd update. Lengthwise it fits the garage, without removing the shelves, with about three inches to spare. Height is fine, the aerial clears by several inches.

Reply to
Keith W

Keith W warbled...

Good to know no hacksawing is required!