Lighting problem

97 CRV passenger side headlight wont light, other side is fine. Tried new bulbs and nothing. The high beam works on both sides though. ANy ideas? I had the higher wattage 100/90 in there, but I figure that
bothsides would have went.
On 12/14/07 3:36 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@t1g2000pra.googlegroups.com,

Check the fuses and relays. They have a separate fuse & relay for each side.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Check all the related fuses, relays and ground wires from light sockets.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

dude, that's nearly twice the rated wattage - of course you're having problems. if you haven't burnt fuses or relays, you could have burnt out wires. oh, and that wattage is illegal as well.

jim beam wrote:

If he messes with non OEM higher Wattage bulbs, it can melt wires or cause fire!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

----------------------------
The owner's manual is here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_OMANUAL.asp and the fuse info is on the inside of _all three fuse box covers_. Were you careful to squeeze the tiny triangles to make the socket release the lamps or did you just yank and twist and swear at them ?? (bends the grass connectors all to crap).
'Curly'
motsco_ wrote:

Last night I went out and the drivers side was dim, went 2o feet down the road and turned back because it was getting worse. This morning the only thing that lights is the passenger high beam. Checlong fuses though. Any other possibilities?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

yes, your wiring has probably burned out because you have bulbs rated with much higher wattage than the wiring is [legally] designed for. you'll need to revert to the correct wattage bulbs and repair the wiring accordingly.

Checked the fuses, only one blew. Still no lights though. How much are we talking to get the wires fixed at the dealer?
On Dec 14, 4:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On top of all the other damage already referenced by other posters, if this guy is in Canada, he may have also damaged his daytime running light module. I had problems with my right side headlight operating intermittantly (regular wattage bulbs!) and the problem ended up being a cold solder joint inside the supposed "No user repairable parts inside" module. Hmmm... $140 for the module vs. 15 cents of solder..... easy decision, but thats off topic here.

no daytime running lights
On Dec 16, 1:07 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Went to OEM honda bulbs - works. Wires are ok, got a hell of a deal, was only charged half hour for labor to check the switched and wires.