Lighting problem

97 CRV passenger side headlight wont light, other side is fine. Tried new bulbs and nothing. The high beam works on both sides though. ANy ideas? I had the higher wattage 100/90 in there, but I figure that bothsides would have went.
Reply to
bigjcw1023

Check the fuses and relays. They have a separate fuse & relay for each side.

Reply to
E Meyer

Hi, Check all the related fuses, relays and ground wires from light sockets.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

dude, that's nearly twice the rated wattage - of course you're having problems. if you haven't burnt fuses or relays, you could have burnt out wires. oh, and that wattage is illegal as well.

Reply to
jim beam

Hi, If he messes with non OEM higher Wattage bulbs, it can melt wires or cause fire!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

----------------------------

The owner's manual is here:

the fuse info is on the inside of _all three fuse box covers_. Were you careful to squeeze the tiny triangles to make the socket release the lamps or did you just yank and twist and swear at them ?? (bends the grass connectors all to crap). 'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

_________________ Those would be "Brass connectors" _________

Reply to
motsco_

Last night I went out and the drivers side was dim, went 2o feet down the road and turned back because it was getting worse. This morning the only thing that lights is the passenger high beam. Checlong fuses though. Any other possibilities?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

yes, your wiring has probably burned out because you have bulbs rated with much higher wattage than the wiring is [legally] designed for. you'll need to revert to the correct wattage bulbs and repair the wiring accordingly.

Reply to
jim beam

Checked the fuses, only one blew. Still no lights though. How much are we talking to get the wires fixed at the dealer?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

On top of all the other damage already referenced by other posters, if this guy is in Canada, he may have also damaged his daytime running light module. I had problems with my right side headlight operating intermittantly (regular wattage bulbs!) and the problem ended up being a cold solder joint inside the supposed "No user repairable parts inside" module. Hmmm... $140 for the module vs. 15 cents of solder..... easy decision, but thats off topic here.

Reply to
COH

no daytime running lights

Reply to
bigjcw1023

Went to OEM honda bulbs - works. Wires are ok, got a hell of a deal, was only charged half hour for labor to check the switched and wires.

Reply to
bigjcw1023