Looking at buying accord

Those are great cars. Cant think of a thing that was a problem on them. Just shop around and find one that has been properly looked after. They are still out there. Good luck and good shopping.

Scott

Reply to
zonie

They are great cars, even when they have high miles on them. They are very reliable and last a long time.

Just make sure that the timing belt has been replaced at every 90K miles interval -- this is a very important preventive maintenance step that _has_ to be performed. In other words, if your honda is at 100K miles, it should have been replaced 10K ago. Most likely they would have replaced your water pump as well.

If the previous owner did that, it is a good indicator that he/she was diligent on doing preventive maintenance. I mantion this because the one Honda Achilles heel is that when the timing belt breaks, your engine will require major repair because of its inherent design.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Hi,

I am looking at purchasing a 94-97 Accord here in Australia for my mother. Would prefer a 2.2ltr model. My question, anything in particular I should be looking out for? Any common problems with these cars?

Thanks.

Reply to
Sasha

I see more '94-'97 Honda Accords on the road during my daily commute than ANY OTHER make/model of vehicle! This clearly tells me that these cars have a whole lot going for them. People simply do NOT hang on to cars for 9 to 12 years, or drive a 9 to 12 year old car that they purchased used, unless the car has a lot to offer them for their money. Decent ride, handling, fuel economy, reliability and good ergonomics. The '94-'97 Accord has all of these and more if you asked me. In fact, I have a '98 Accord that I absolutely love, but I still would like to purchase a really nice '97 if I could find myself one. They are so popular where I live they get snatched up really fast. If you're not in the right place at the right time with cash in hand someone will beat you to the punch regarding these cars. :-) They're one of the automotive industry's biggest sales success stories--and it's for a VERY good reason.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.

Which is why I smiled when my 94 Lexus rolled over to 160K miles yesterday.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

And you had GOOD reason to smile! ;-) I don't blame you one bit, because I'd be smiling too. Sounds as though to me that you have most definitely gotten your money's worth out of that '94 Lexus. I've got a 2002 Lexus and a '98 Accord and I hope to drive them both to a minimum of 200,000 miles each. My wife's Honda just hit the 120,000 mile mark today and we're both hoping that we can get

200,000 out of her's too. Should be able to as good as we maintain our cars.

Take care.

Ron M.

Reply to
Ron M.