Looking at Some Used Hondas

Page 2 of 2

Yeah, take your time. It took me over a year to latch on to our Tercel. I went through at least 24 cars in the course of that year. The one I eventually bought felt right, right from the beginning.
In fact, every used car I've ever bought since 1981 has been approached in very greatly protracted leisure. I'm NEVER in a hurry. There's always another one available somewhere. It's actually easier these days, with the Internet. It was more difficult back when you had to rush off to the convenience store as early as possible Thursday afternoon to catch an AutoTrader before all the good stuff was sold.
Unless you've stumbled across a super-rare barn-find all-original '65 Mustang K-code once owned by somebody very famous, no car is worth getting weepy-eyed over. A car is a car. Take your time. Find the right one,
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

I hear you.
I like what you say here. I am glad I currently have the reliable wheels to support my amateur addiction and indeed not be in a hurry.
Priced a paint job today: $1000 or more, and the less expensive ones look lousy. Guy at the body shop said he thought my current paint job (the original) looked good and I'd make it worse by re-painting.
Fixing up the rear wheel wells would cost around $750. But the guy did not impress me. Bustard literally poked holes in my work, like it was his car. I think I'll stick with my Pep Boys plastic/roof cement/black paint/etc. fix and, like I say above, keep an eye peeled for a CRX.
Elle wrote:

there are a lot of "private dealers" out there, so here's a tip: call and say you're interested in "the car". if they ask "which one?", you've just discovered what you're dealing with.

Elle wrote:

DX is the base model, so I would say it does not have VTEC unless the engine was swapped. My '04 Civic is a mid-level LX and it does not have VTEC.