loose breaks

Hi,
On several occasions, I could tell that the breaks of my Prelude were quite loose. The mechanic says I need to have the master cylinder replaced.
How urgent/dangerous is this situation?
I greatly appreciate your help.
On 6/10/08 12:12 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com,

It sorta depends on how deftly you can work the emergency brake when the brake pedal goes to the floor and nothing happens. Its very dangerous. Get it fixed.

It's a bitch when your brakes break...get 'em fixed pronto...
On Jun 10, 1:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, ANYTHING involving a problem with your 'brakes' is urgent and potentially dangerous. But I have no idea what you mean by 'loose' brakes.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA