Losing RPMs

99 Honda Civic Si. (1.6 DOHC VTEC)
Ok so heres the thing. When i drive occasionally for over 10 minutes my car will start lossing rpms. For example: I will drive the car okay for
10 minutes than all of a sudden i will be in 5th gear and when i let off the game the rpms will almost instantly drop down and my car will start jolting.I am getting a constant check engine light. When i shift my car jolts also dure to the rpms instantly droppping. I was told it could be a nox/knock sensor (not sure how its spelled/pronounced)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

have you had the ignition switch recall work done on this vehicle?
im not sure i havnt had the car for too long
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

a dealer should be able to look it up on the central computer database. replacement is free because it's a safety recall and symptoms are just like you describe. if that's not it, get the diagnostic codes from the onboard computer and report back. a lot of auto parts stores do this for free.

He -might- want to get the trouble codes read FIRST,then worry about the ignition switch.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

the "check engine" light ought to be a clue;get the ECU trouble codes read to see what is the problem there.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik