Lost power to car stereo and Sirius

I've got a 2006 Honda CR-V. I installed a sirius radio in the car and I powered the system by splicing into the 12V line (the yellow wire with green stripe). I also added a a wired FM relay and everything worked great for about a year.

Recently, I started to get some static on the sirius unit. I went back in to the console to check connections, etc., and the power shut off to both the radio and the sirius unit. The red light to the anti- theft blinks and the CD will eject, but I can't power up the stereo.

Any ideas??

Could it be a fuse? I've checked the radio fuse and it is good. Could it be the anti theft? The manual says that it will say "CODE" if the anti theft has been tripped. Right now the screen is blank.

Reply to
birndorf

Sounds like a fuse. There should be 2 fuses for the power. 1 may be located under the hood in a fuse box there

Reply to
e-nigma

It's probably the OTHER fuse, under the hood labeled BACK-UP / RADIO.

Better improve your connections before changing the fuse. I think that fuse is mentioned in the PDI sheets for the previous model:

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Yep, it was the "other" fuse. Number 15 to be exact. I've got everything running again, but the sirius unit is still static-y, even with an FM direct adapter. I think there is a problem with the dock for the sirius unit...

In any event, thanks for your help.

Reply to
birndorf