Low Idle

I have a 2000 honda civic LX and yesterday i noticed my car was idling at about 200rpms when normal idle is about 900rpms.when cold it idles ate

1100rpms then goes down to 200 when it's warm, i also noticed when the fans kick in the rpms go up to about 600rpms then drops back down.i have a haynes manual and it suggests the IAC valve, is there anything else that could cause this.
Reply to
00civic

the gauge only goes down to 500rpm, so it's unlikely you tell if the motor's idling at 200. normal is supposed to be 750.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

I'll bet he's actually idling at 650.

1) Dirty throttle body 2) Dirty/defective IAC. 3) Idle speed screw adjusted incorectly.
Reply to
TeGGeR®

i'm always reluctant to recommend adjusting the idle screw because if all the other stuff is working right, you never need to go near it.

Reply to
jim beam