lumbar support just broke

Hi !
I drive a 2003 4-door honda accord with drivers' seat lumbar support, which has a manual adjust lever. the seats are cloth (as opposed to leather). I normally keep the lumbar support adjusted on "medium" by
leaving the lever at halfway its travel.
just today I heard a sublte crack sound and suddenly the lumbar support was gone. I reached for the side lever and it seems loose. I do not know if the lever has broken or somethins else in the "lumbar cushion" mechanism has broken.
my first impression is that I will have to remove the seat's upholstery to inspect the whole. does anyone have a recommendation on this and/or know how to remove the upholstery?