maint required light

Hi guys, i have a 2003 Civic Sedan. Love it, works great. But i did notice my "Maintanence Required" light seems to come on at approx every 10k kms.
As soon as I rolled 10k the next time i started up it came on, and right after 20k, now i hit the 30k mark the other day, and sure enough the light came on. I have been resetting it myself thinking this is just a ploy for me to take in my car and spend some money at Honda. Does anyone know if this is the case? Do they set them to turn that light on automatically?
Thanks, Jim
Yes, its set to come on every XX km/miles. Its in the manual how to reset it. I think its just a reminder that your late for your oil change...and should be reset after every oil change.

It amazes me how you can qualify to purchase a 2003 Civic and yet remain clueless as to the purpose of a maintenance required light. That little thing in the glove box called an owner's manual might be very useful to you. If you don't have one then go buy one.

It amazes me how cocky and rude people can be if you sit them in front of a keyboard.
Thanks for your reply Jamco.

it gets frustrating when people ask the same questions over and over and they are all answered within the manual, basic rule here is read the manual before you post, you'd be suprised how many questions it will answer

It amazes me how absolutely lazy people show themselves to be once they sit behind a keyboard.
"I've never read my owner's manual; can someone please spoon feed me the information I want for free?" How ballsy can you get?
I certainly don't mind helping people in this forum in an uncocky manner as long as it is helping. When I do all the work for you and you fail to even attempt to find the information on your own, other than posting here, then I am not helping you I am doing the work for you.
If I am going to help someone then I expect them to put forth a little effort beforehand.

The fine manual that came with your $20K shiny toy is chock full of information, information that's FAR more accurate and relevant than what you're ever likely to get by casting your question out on a system like the Usenet.
RTFM.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#maintreqlight
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

It's only meant to be a reminder (quite similar to having your wife or girlfriend constantly telling you to slow down <g>).
When all else fails read the Owners Manual, you'll be surprised at what you can learn without bothering other people.
Or, call your salesman and he will answer your questions (or tell you to read the Owners Manual).
Brian