Maintenace Required Light

Page 2 of 2

That still leaves scanning to see if the question has already been asked and answered. That is obviously available if they found this group to post in.
Seth wrote:

I appreciate the courtesy of the individuals who did answer this question for me. It was very kind.
You're right, of course. Spending time scanning a large newsgroup would yield some results, but then we wouldn't have had this encouraging exchange, would we? It would have saved us all a lot of time.
I was simply amazed to see this thread still ongoing. I was amazed also to see that some who want to save themselves from aggravation and time by flaming those who ask innocent questions, even if the questions had been asked before, spent even *more* time discussing/arguing these moot points.
More amazing than anything is the attempt to police the internet. Even government is having a hard time with that, and, if they succeeded, we'd all be crying foul. Perhaps it's best to let some things go.
The dealer should have reset it when he did the service. Call him and ask why he didn't and make him explain how to reset it. Next time he may remember. The light does not have to be on to do the reset. It should be reset when the service is done to start a new cycle. Done properly you will never see the Maint light on........