Making Power Outlet "hot"

I would like to charge my cell phone in my Pilot, whether the switch is on or not. I don't understand why both power outlets (actually all 3) are switched by the ignition switch.
I was able to download complete instructions on how to modify my Toyota Highlander, including photos. Has anyone seen such instructions for the Pilot? (2004)