master/slave leak!

Hi all

I have honda civic 2001, 139km, manual transmission. I start hear crackiling/crunchy noise especially when i change the transmission from 1-2 and only when i drive slow when i speed up it would disappear.

I also have another problem now, sometime when i stop at red light and then want to move, i can not change the gear to 1 !? i have to change it to 2 right away. I have asked this question (about unable to change the gear to 1) and got an reply, please see:

I want to know, should i go to dealer and ask to master/slave leak problem or i should tell them something else?

thanks

Reply to
leza wang

why not look at the clutch fluid level and confirm whether you have a leak for yourself?

if your hydraulics are ok, you probably have a stuck clutch plate on the input pinion. need to remove the transmission to fix that.

Reply to
jim beam

leza wang wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b19g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

Yeah, that was me. Your one and only reply. I guess you were looking for a mass-consensus instead?

Look, just take it to the dealer and let them test-drive the car. Tell the Service Advisor what you told us here, then let a mechanic test-drive the car. This is a simple problem to fix, and they should know exactly what to do once they see it for themselves.

These guys have experience and knoledge that you couldn't hope to have. Let them do the job for you they way they know best.

Reply to
Tegger