May I drive this 1992 Civic DX???

I have the vehicle named above. This morning after driving to work, I noticed that the engine temperature was much higher than normal, and there was coolant on the ground. Then I tried the heat in the car, and
only cool air would blow out from the heater. I turned off the car immediately.
I don't know if this is the water pump, a hose, or the radiator. I have an appointment with my mechanic in a few days.
Can I drive this vehicle at all without damaging it? May I drive it short distances if I watch the heat guage? Thanks for the information...
You can drive it but it will destroy the engine. Leave it parked and have it towed to the mechanic if you don't know how to check the coolant level and make sure there is enough to cool the engine....