Might be a simple question

My 93 civic EX is idiling at a low RPM. I adjusted the idle screw until it was almost out of the car, the RPM's never went higher.
Anyone ever seen this type of behavior?
The car idles at a pretty constant 250 - 300 RPM after it is warmed up.
It runs fine and all but I was told it should be in the 800 - 900 RPM range. I guess the real question is
1) Does this matter at all? 2) What could be the cause?
If this matters if someone could point me in the right direction it would be awesome. I have purchaced a new PCV valve but have not installed it as of yet, not sure if that matter for low idle I know it can cause rought idle.
Brandon Scarbrough wrote:

Yep... you have to turn the idle screw IN to increase the idle. All it does is push on the same thing the throttle cable is attached to, not a very complicated mechanism :)

Yes - the car will take a lot longer to warm up and not idle as efficiently.

Turning the idle screw the wrong way :)

You need to unplug the EACV before adjusting the idle. You cannot adjust it properly with the EACV connected. The EACV is on the back of the throttle body.

It can't be. The tach won't read any less than 500. What marks are you going by on the tach?

Yes.
Lots of stuff. Poor maintenance, dirty throttle body...

First make sure the rest of the system is good. Wires and plugs are new, that sort of thing. Then clean the throttle body. Only adjust once everything else is up to snuff.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ