Minor accident

Hi,

I had a very minor accident with my Accord LX-G 2003, left bumper, left front panel and left sealed beam...

Had it repaired, and ever since I have no lights on the center control panel, radio and fan, the radio works so does the AC/Fan...

The AC green light works and the heater setting lignts work too.

But the lights under the buttons don't.

I can't see any burned fuses, nor find anything else not working on the car.

Any idea would be appriciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Usenet User

Do the lights work on the dash gauges? How about the tail lights? If no, its a fuse, you just haven't found it yet. If yes, then check the wiring, fuses & breakers in and around the underhood fuse box. Since you say this started after the accident repair, it is likely that something is wrong in the vicinity of the repair - wire pinched, pulled loose, reconnected to the wrong place, fuse not fully seated, etc. It can be difficult to see a break in the filament in those tiny fuses. Try substituting with a known to be good fuse.

Reply to
E Meyer

It has nothing to do with your accident - it is a known problem. The following excerpted from a previous post.

Subject: Radio Display Goes Black - Honda Has Extended the Display Warranty

Service Bulletin 04-027 January 24, 2007

Affected 2003 and 2004 Accords without Nav Unit

Component failure on the printed circuit board is now covered for 7 years/100,000 miles.

The board will be replaced at the dealer by the tech.

Only the dim/black display problem is covered by the extended warranty. Other audio & a/c problems in the head unit remain at 3 years/36,000.

Apply for a refund if you've had the display problem and already paid for repairs.

Reply to
Al