More SRS light crap!

2001 Accord EX-V6

Okay, my SRS light came on. I was told it could be low battery voltage. The battery was 5 years old and the car has 148k on it. So it was a no brainer to try a new battery. Reset the light and all was well.

Two days later, my car-pool partner who has a 2001 LX-V6 had the light come on. She replaced her battery, but we could not get the light to go off. She finally had them get a code saying the drivers seat belt latch. Honda warranties the seatbelts for life...but NOT the electronics!

Now after a month, my light is back on. This is driving me crazy.

She had her seat belt replaced yesterday, and we'll see how that goes. I reset my light again, but I know it's a matter of time before it comes on again.

Note! The new seatbelt she got had a longer wire that was not under as much strain. Maybe this was an issue?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Wow Paul, you wouldn't have the recall info would you?

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

There are a thousand things that can turn on that light. Have the codes read to find out. Could be an air bag ready to blow....

Reply to
Woody