Most reliable Accord models?

I have a 2005 Accord, and just love it. New tires at 60K, but that's been it, except for basic maintenance. But I'm not a fan of the new Accords; they seem cramped to me.

Reply to
Gary44

I remember when I was in High School (long ago) I had a speech teacher who said you shouldn't use statistics for your speeches. If I recall, it was because they can distort the facts. Now it's funny because that's all you hear from politicians. I wonder if a current speech teacher would agree with my old speech teacher? Any speech teachers reading this post?

Stewart, your point is a "good one" but unfortunately those that use the stats, don't want you to think that way :( . And yes, it's the engineer in you that thinks that way. College taught you to think like that (it did me).

Reply to
Guy

I thought the new Accords were less cramped because they are larger??

Reply to
Guy

Yes, politicians always seem to talk through a different bodily orifice then the rest of us.....

Reply to
Stewart

Agreed. Lately I'm bothered by their loyalty to partisan thinking rather than who they actually represent or work for. It's so frustrating to hear how they don't work together. Gosh, if you did this in the private sector, you'd be outa business fast. I remember a friend telling me that he worked with some gov't employees who told him that there was no need to rush because there is always the next day. Can you imagine why the gov't is so slow at all levels if they think like this?

Oh well, I know I've strayed off the Accord so forgive me but to get back closer to topic.....

Have the 2010 Accords corrected their brake problems that many complained about in the 08 and 09s ?

Reply to
Guy

So did I, so imagine my surprise when I sat in a 2009 and felt claustrophobic in it. Considering how much larger it is on the outside compared to my 2005, I was also surprised that the trunk wasn't appreciably larger!

Reply to
Gary44

Yeah, and they complain about the slow Toyota responses to issues.

Not sure if they did. I hear the Prius 2010 brakes are pretty good.........

Reply to
Stewart

mmmm

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I just couldn't resist.....

Reply to
Stewart

yep

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Thus spake Tony Harding :

Carol's 96 went 10 1/2 years and 120K with only routine work and (sigh) replacement of the airbags after "they went off". "yeah, the went off when I bumped the lady ahead of me" But even after all the other body work that came with that "love tap" the car never had any reliabiliyt problems. And gas mileage was great. We sold it to a friend in Jan of 2007. He still has it, it now as 145K on it and he thinks he might want to pre-emptively replace the boots because his previous Accord needed new boots at around 150K.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Well, you really ought to practice safe sex next time.

Reply to
Cameo

Thus spake "Cameo" :

No, she should quit going to early 80's discos.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Then your speech teacher was dead wrong. Properly used statistics are the facts. It's a lot easier to distort things without statistics tan with them.

Reply to
nobody