Must Depress The Gas Pedal To Start Car

I have a 2008 Honda Civic LX.
Lately, when I start the engine, I must also depress the gas pedal or else the engine sputters. Under normal circumstances, all I need to do
is crank the engine and the car starts. What could the problem be? Is it something that a novice can fix? Thanks.
--
tb

Tiziano wrote:

    Have you considered taking the vehicle to the dealer to have them look at the issue? It is after all under warranty.

There are no TSBs on this matter.
Whatever you do, do *NOT* attempt to fix this yourself.
Part of the purchase price of your car was the cost of the new-car warranty that came with the vehicle. Now is the time to use what you've already paid for: Take the car in to your dealer and let them handle the issue. No cost to you for the diagnosis or repair. Provided you've not performed some other DIY monkeying that may void your warranty, that is...
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ