my 1994 accord lx ex?

Hi, I have a 1994 Accord LX. I was just browsing the internet and saw two 1994 Accord EX with V TEC engine. My 1994 Accord LX doesn't have V TEC engine. (1)Did 1994 Accord EX models come with V TEC engine or did the owners in those websites change their engine? (2)When did Honda start to make V TEC engine on their cars? (3)What is V TEC engine? (4)How is it different from my regular 16 valve honda engine? (5) Did some 1994 Accord LX come with V TEC engine? (6) Do all Honda engine come with V TEC engine nowadays or did Honda come up with something newer?

Thanks alot in advance.

You're welcome.

Reply to
The Lone Weasel

I think they came with it. Today, the Civic EX has a VTEC motor but the LX doesn't, and I believe that as recently as 2002 that was the case in the Accord as well.

'89 Acura NSX, an expensive sports car. Trickled down from there.

Makes the car go faster.

(Seriously.. it's a variable valve timing mechanism.)

To put it briefly, a VTEC 4-cylinder has two camshafts. The motor will use the "slow" one, which is tuned for low-end power, up to a set point

- say, 4000 RPM. At that point it will switch to the "fast" cam, which changes the valve timing, as well as how high it lifts, so that it has more high-end horsepower.

The effect is a noticeable change in horsepower output and a distinctive buzz. VTEC can make an engine seem kind of schizophrenic, but it's very exciting.

No.

Some motors now have i-VTEC, which is an advancement of the same concept but is less harsh in its operation.

You're welcome

-Sonarrat.

Reply to
sonarrat