My 1994 honda accord Ex

Say, my car still looks nice and runs great at 182,000 miles.....until I heard something underneath the car 2 days ago...when I accelerate/and or push the gas I hear like slightly clanking no much ....I've bee told It might be tranny/or the heat shield from the catalyc converter could be lose???? But then, I check my tranny oil ..its filled...check the oil it was very low (but I have no leak at all) but had oil change at

181,500...went back to the shop -Tireplus- told them about/ask about the oil change... and they recorrect the oil at no charge!!! (idiots) i think they forgot to put oil in it...or burns up oil (synthetic)..
Reply to
davi

-----------------------------

If you're going through oil too fast, it might be time to replace the PCV with a new one from Honda. When they stick they can suck out your oil and mess up your idle too. No comment on the other stuff.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Any other theories/advice/suggestion on this article???????????

Reply to
davi

Replace the PCV if you haven't recently done so. Tireplus would be replacing a destroyed engine if they forgot to put new oil in.

Are the noises in the front of the car or the rear? Right or left side?

Does the noise happen when accelerating in a turn? A clanking noise could also describe a need for new CV axles. Check your CV boots.

Also, for the noises, you may need to check your engine mounts and exhaust pipe mounts. Worn or broken rubber dampers in these mounts could cause what you describe.

marco

Reply to
marco

Thnx Marco,

thnx for the suggestion but I just found out, where the noise is coming from (it was not that drastic of clanking noise) it was the heat shield from the catalyc converter (more of tin can tinking than clanking) it's slightly lose!

And when it was oil change at Tireplus i came back complained and they refilled, i ask one of the tech that put the oil in and he said that somethime "when it fills up for some reason it sucks the oil in more that it does not read on the dipstick it's full on Hondas??huh??" I think they just forgot to put it in, I should check it before I left that place...but who knows...but I think when it came to the point that the engine got too hot the heatshield was affected by the heat from the catalyc ???? so it losen up!!!!... up...who knows...those btd's~ I should of ask even for the refill receipt for evidence !!!

Reply to
davi

np, glad you got it figured out.

It's possible that they added enough oil for a quick oil change w/o filter change. I suppose it could happen, but unlikely in most cases.

Heat from the cat converter would not affect oil levels.

Did you change out the PCV as pointed out by Curly and myself? If you are still losing oil, there is a major problem (if you already replaced the PCV). ... Is there smoke coming from the tailpipe?

Use the oil dipstick. It is the best evidence you'll ever get. Oil is the elixir of engine life..

When you say the engine got too hot, do you mean that it overheated??

How about you take it to a reputable mechanic and report back here with the results. ?

marco

Reply to
marco

well right now it's still full accdg. to the dipstick, but I have not change the PCV yet as Idling is on 1,000 rpm, should I still replace the PCV????? Since there's no leaks anywhere that i see nor on the ground and when I mentioned about the engine getting hot it was'nt overheating just felt very hot...maybe the heat shield is due to wearing out...although the bottom of the car is still intack (no rust)

Reply to
davi

Sounds like everything is in order. I misunderstood the phrasing in your previous response.

You should still replace the PCV if you've never done so before. It costs about $4.00 and takes a few minutes to do yourself.

marco

Reply to
marco