My 2000 ACcord just turned 200,000

The SRS light came on the same time almost . Coincedence ?

Reply to
jrl

"jrl" wrote in news:zGhHn.4090$z%6.4035@edtnps83:

No coincidence. It just happens.

There's a code behind that light. Get it read.

As far as I know, those generic OBD-II readers that PartSource will lend you for free won't read SRS codes, so you'll need to pony up $80 or so to have the dealer read them. Unless somebody else has a better idea...

All you really need to know right now is that the SRS is simply disabled, so it's like you're driving my '91 Integra, which has no SRS.

Reply to
Tegger

Did you have something on the front passenger seat? Sometimes that will trip the sensor.

Reply to
Brian Smith

The SRS light in my 2000 Accord has come on twice -- once several years ago and once a few weeks ago. Both times the problem was a seat belt latch, not the SRS itself. Both times it was fixed by a dealer at no charge -- the seat belts are covered by a lifetime warranty. Have a dealer read the code -- you might have the same problem.

Paul

Update - Got the code read and it said faulty driver side seat belt buckle. Over the weekend I replaced it and the SRS light is still on. My next chore is resetting the light and I hope it goes out. 2000 Accord SE 4 door with manual cloth seats.

Reply to
Clete