MY 91 ACCORD IS BURNING OIL

WHEN I START IT UP BLUE SMOKE COMES OUT. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE, AND HOW CAN I FIX IT? I'M SORT OF A DO IT YOURSELFER

Blue smoke on start-up is a strong indication of bad valve stem seals. It is a medium-advanced DIY job; you have to pay attention to what you are doing to prevent dropping a valve inside a cylinder. Special tools and precise instructions will save you a heck of a lot of frustration.
Or you could live with the smoke.
Mike

If you still have problems after replacing the "bad valve stem seals", you may need to have new rings installed. This will cost you lots of money since it involves taking the engine apart and putting it back together. It might be cheaper to buy a rebuilt engine. Many older cars that have over 150,000 miles have bad rings.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
thanks alot for the advice....