My 93 Civic Si wont start now...>.<

i tried to warm my car up this morning, the engine started smoothly then i get back into my house, after half an hour, when i go back to my car, i found that my car was stalled, and i tried to restart it, it
just didnt go on. i can hear the ignition motor sounds, but the engine wont start......
what can i do now??? can someone help me???? plz :cry: :cry:
U let your car warm up for 1/2 hour? I think it's bad to do that...

http://www.autoforumz.com/93-Civic-Si-won-start-gt-lt-ftopict149208.html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pq7221

Check out http://tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#startrun - so far the symptoms match the usual for main relay failure http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#mainrelay (pay particular attention to what he has to say about counting the clicks). If it is the main relay, the engine will probably start the next time you try (passenger compartment cold). You can also try whacking the top of the dash in front of the driver with your hand. It might get you going, and will make you feel better if not ;-)
Mike
thats what you get for being an idiot....you should never let your car idol for more then 5 minutes or so... must be nice to be able to burn gas like that. With all your extra cash, why not just buy a better car?

let your car idol > for more then 5 minutes or so...

Come on. While purging the cooling system of air, letting it idle for more than 30 minutes (until the fan comes on twice) is common. It's to no detriment, normally. (Or are you just a troll?)
The original poster should take a close look at the site Mike Pardee linked, then ask questions here as needed.
check your car manual. It says right in mine to not let it idol for more then 5 minutes....Obviously there are some exceptions to this, but its not something that you should be doing on a daily basis to "warm the car up"
wrote

it idol for more

I find no such warning in my 91 Civic's manual.
If it were a big deal, it would be prominent.

"warm the car up"
I would think the guy was doing this because it's freezing cold sub-zero yada where he is, and ice is built up to 1/4 inch or so on the windshield. I know I've spent 20+ minutes chipping off ice and running the defroster--and so the car--in the past.
No big deal, James. Just posting what I've seen.
it dirties the oil quicker to let it idle that long. plus its unneeded wear on the engine. it should only take 5 minutes to warm up enough to drive it even if it's in the single digits.
-jeff
wrote

its unneeded wear

Driving blind because of ice on the windows, and so into an accident, is unneeded wear on one's wallet. But you chose to ignore this in my previous post, so <shrug> we disagree. Or maybe you've never lived in a part of the country where icing is a serious problem. Cripes, I was skiing last year while eight inches of snow fell in the parking lot. It was getting dark and the drive down the mountain was treacherous. You better believe I let my Civic idle, with the defroster on, while I hurriedly knocked off the snow. Still took around 20 minutes or more.
It's also not unneeded wear on the engine when purging air from the cooling system.

it
Warming up the engine, yes. Indeed, I have read that no (idling) warm up is necessary /for the engine/ with today's Hondas.
I bet you have a nice Honda Civic Elle. I have an '88 LX that I like alot. Civics are built very well. I know from your posts that you take very good care of yours.
-jeff
wrote