my 95 honda civic wont start

ok here's the deal the other day my honda was run dry..so i walked to the gas station got gas came back and filled it up. now here is what pissed me off and what confused me. the car wont start, it turn's and sounds like it is about to start but won't. i dont know what it could be so any suggestion's would be much appriciated.

Reply to
Undying

station got gas came back and filled it up. now here is what pissed me off and what confused me. the car wont start, it turn's and sounds like it is about to start but won't. i dont know what it could be so any suggestion's would be much appriciated.

I've seen it where the last bit of sludge in the tank gets sucked into the system. It may have totally clogged up your fuel filter (and possibly the injectors), so it may be a good idea to replace the fuel filter now. Add some more gas and some good injection system cleaner. Fuel pumps get their cooling by being immersed in fuel. It could be that your pump overheated and seized a bearing because it didn't have proper cooling. It could be that your main relay is going bad and this happens to coincide with your empty tank -- since your car died with an empty tank, that is probably far less likely.

After you replace your fuel filter, try spraying some starting fluid in the air intake to see if it helps the starting process. If that doesn't help at all, I'd make sure fuel is reaching your injectors by pulling the fuel line off where it enters your engine compartment (catch it in a container and obviously be careful around sparks). If you are not getting fuel, check the power to the fuel pump. If the power is indeed present, I'd check the main relay

has helpful hints on how to do that).

Hope that helps. Remco

Reply to
Remco