My CRV and engine sounds

Hello everyone!

I have a 2010 Honda CRV and it was made in Japan according to what the dealer told me, based on the VIN number. I noticed that it seems a lot more quiet when I rev the engine when I am driving it. I had previously test driven another 2010 Honda CRV at the dealer which was made in the US before I bought this one, and that one was a lot more throaty sounding, and it was also brand new, same model. Is this something that is a known occurrence? I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Mine is much more quiet sounding when I drive it fast from a red light for instance.

Thanks so much,

Jill :)

Reply to
Jill

Many possible causes.e.g. i) petrol used can be different : 1 brand can be thicker than another, so ( unless a surfactant is added ) will produce coarser vapour which can't burn as fast as finer vapour from another brand. Some brands have more detergent, so fuel injectors are cleaner, will produce finer vapour = less noise & more torque. ii) muffler used can be different : some will reduce noise > others. iii) spark plugs with resistors will produce smaller sparks = slower combustion & so more noise. iv) oil used can affect noise : a thinner / slipperier oil can cool cylinder head faster, so air intake & fuel injected & alternator are all cooler then sparks are bigger so combustion is faster so quieter.

Reply to
TE Cheah

"TE Cheah" wrote in news:4ce65cd9$1 snipped-for-privacy@news.tm.net.my:

With your engineering brilliance it's a wonder you don't work for an automaker in the highest capacity imaginable.

Reply to
Tegger

Now, now, now Tegger... One must be patient, diplomatic, understanding and helpful just like me!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

And that is being kind.

Reply to
Stewart

What about the influence of the clock?

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

lol!

Reply to
jim beam

[snip]

Not to mention the "voices" talking in the OP's head! I wonder how those tires are working out now that there's snow and if the engine noise helps or detracts from her traction?

Saw that oldie pop up yesterday and wondered if my mail was messed up or the newsgroup just burped. Guessing it's the latter.

Reply to
Dddudley