My CRV and engine sounds

Hello everyone!
I have a 2010 Honda CRV and it was made in Japan according to what the dealer told me, based on the VIN number. I noticed that it seems a lot
more quiet when I rev the engine when I am driving it. I had previously test driven another 2010 Honda CRV at the dealer which was made in the US before I bought this one, and that one was a lot more throaty sounding, and it was also brand new, same model. Is this something that is a known occurrence? I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Mine is much more quiet sounding when I drive it fast from a red light for instance.
Thanks so much,
Jill :)

Many possible causes.e.g. i) petrol used can be different : 1 brand can be thicker than another, so ( unless a surfactant is added ) will produce coarser vapour which can't burn as fast as finer vapour from another brand. Some brands have more detergent, so fuel injectors are cleaner, will produce finer vapour = less noise & more torque. ii) muffler used can be different : some will reduce noise > others. iii) spark plugs with resistors will produce smaller sparks = slower combustion & so more noise. iv) oil used can affect noise : a thinner / slipperier oil can cool cylinder head faster, so air intake & fuel injected & alternator are all cooler then sparks are bigger so combustion is faster so quieter.

With your engineering brilliance it's a wonder you don't work for an automaker in the highest capacity imaginable.
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

Now, now, now Tegger... One must be patient, diplomatic, understanding and helpful just like me!
<G>
JT

And that is being kind.

What about the influence of the clock?
On 12/21/2010 08:43 PM, Gordon McGrew wrote:

lol!
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 12/22/2010 12:35 AM, jim beam wrote:

[snip]
Not to mention the "voices" talking in the OP's head! I wonder how those tires are working out now that there's snow and if the engine noise helps or detracts from her traction?
Saw that oldie pop up yesterday and wondered if my mail was messed up or the newsgroup just burped. Guessing it's the latter.