My FIT Arrives! Too late.

The finale to my attempt to buy an orange Fit. I stopped at the dealer yesterday to order a gasket for my 91 Accord's rear tail light. As I biked by the showroom, I glance inside and see an orange Fit. Just the
one I wanted.
Unfortunately I needed it three months ago. Since that time I've put around $1500 into my Accord and it's too late to do the deal. I guess it wasn't meant to be, at least this year. As I walked in, the manager saw me and came over, pointed to the Fit, and asked if I wanted to take it home. Damn, but I thought about it. But didn't, the Accord is doing just fine, and with the mileage I put on it (6000 a year or so) it's likely to keep doing fine for a while.
I got a chuckle out of it though.
dgk wrote:

What did the manager say when you told him it was too little, FAR too late?

He just said that he was sorry he couldn't get it sooner.
dgk wrote:

Oh... the emotion... I'm gettin' misty.