My Fit NOT arriving

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

It isn't only the mileage though, I think it's also age. But when it goes it messes up the valves and such which would be a bad thing indeed. I thought I had the belt done when I bought the car but the dealer doesn't have a record of that so I guess not.
The Fit is indeed small and is not for everyone. But it is a lot of fun to drive which counts for a lot to me, and I don't have need for a big car. I do need to get a new TV soon, and it would fit the Fit better than my Accord.

I have to agree with Bob. Right now you own a rusty, old 199? Accord that needs a timing belt. That is what you are risking. You don't seem to put that many miles on it anyway. If you wait for three months, will you put even 2000 miles on it? The chances that the belt will break in that period are pretty small.

Dump the old horse now and rent something small for a month while waiting.
J.

If the rust is that bad, I don't think you are risking much to delay changing the belt.
If all you need to do is pick a different color, then I would say the dealer is acting in good faith. If he can't seem to produce a Fit of any color, I would be suspicious. How long did he tell you to expect for delivery when you ordered a month ago?
I think the production is low on the Fit and demand is high. Delays in delivery and dealer markups are common. If he is really selling them at MSRP, he may have a long line.

Sorry to hear. See what you can get now or hold out for the orange. The darker silver is good!
If you sell the Accord and hire something, make sure it's not a Honda. That way you'll really appreciate the Fit when it arrives! Worth the wait.
In some cases, it is possible that someone saw an ordered car arrived and offered more for it so the dealer screws the original customer. It is impossible to know whether that happened here.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 02:05:49 GMT, "Art"

I was wondering about that also. Kind of hard to prove.

I think the OP mentioned that he biked past the dealership every day. I would make a point of checking every night to see if there were any orange Fits in the lot. If I saw one, I would immediately go inside and talk to the sales person (or manager if they aren't in) and ask if that was your car. If they say no, it is for someone higher up on the list, I would ask how many names are ahead of me on the orange Fit list. It should become pretty apparent if they are blowing smoke.
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:46:30 GMT, Gordon McGrew

I commute by bike (15 miles each way) three or four times a week so I do pass that dealer a lot. I'll stop in today and see how things are going. I almost never see a Fit there, although there was one a few days ago. Silver, and not the Sport model.