Need help! got high idle speed when i stuck in traffic!

     My car is 97 civic, when I stuck in traffic for more than 5 or 10 mins, the idle speed will be rised up to 1500-2000rpm from normally 600-700rpm, and
this only happend in summer, hot days! I never faced this problem in winter or other seasons. When I get out from the traffic and everything will back to normal and feels good. Did anybody get the same experience? Thanks!
Sounds like you might be over heating. Check and make sure your radiator fan is working.