Need help with radio

I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery died. I replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn?t work. The radio asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn?t give me one. I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. Can anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a factory radio. Thanks ahead :D :D

Reply to
gakor

Look in the owner's packet of stuff. It should be in there.

Reply to
Larry J.

Full information there about undoing the dash panels to get to the radio. It's actually quite easy. Put the gearshit lever down into 1, put your fingers behind the dash panel on the left by the gearshift, and yank.

Anyway, at some point Honda gave their radios the ability to read out their serial numbers on the display. If that's the case, you don't have to yank your radio. All you need is the serial number, and the dealer can give you the code.

But if the radio can't read out the s/n on the display, you'll have to yank it to get the s/n for the dealer.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"gakor" wrote: > I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery died. > I replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn't work. > The radio asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn't > give me one. > > I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. > Can anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a > factory radio. Thanks ahead :D :D

Ohh common! Cant anyone help me? :cry:

Reply to
gakor

"" wrote: > Waiving the right to remain silent, gakor > said: > > > I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery > died. I > > replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn't work. > The radio > > asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn't give me > one. > > > > I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. > Can > > anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a > factory > > radio. Thanks ahead :D :D > > Look in the owner's packet of stuff. It should be in there. > > -- > Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail > > The United States is the greatest country in the world..! > Eleven million illegal aliens can't be wrong.

I bought the car used, so i didn?t get the owners manual with it.

Reply to
gakor

-------------------------

Call the dealer who used to service that Odyssey (of unknown vintage) and they will look up the code in the computer. They often keep it on file in case the techs have to remove the battery.

They will want your VIN. Order a manual while you have them on the phone too. Get their fax number, since you may have to fax your registration to them. You should also fax it to the national office of Honda for the sake of getting notified of recalls / whatever.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Emo gave you a link on where you can find the info.

chris

Some dealers put the security code sticker in the glove box. Seems like a bad idea for security (thieves can get it) but convenient for the service department if they have to disconnect the battery.

Reply to
Brian Stell

No, they don't put the security code in the glove box. They put the serial number sticker, supplied with the car from Honda, in the glove box--per the instructions in the owner's manual.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"" wrote: > In article , > Brian Stell wrote: > > > Some dealers put the security code sticker in > > the glove box. Seems like a bad idea for > > security (thieves can get it) but convenient > > for the service department if they have to > > disconnect the battery. > > No, they don't put the security code in the glove box. They > put the > serial number sticker, supplied with the car from Honda, in > the glove > box--per the instructions in the owner's manual.

Yes, I know this. I checked many sites, and lots of people said that you can find your security code in the glove box\fuse box. I checked all over the car, I mean, EVERYWERE. Its not there. Maybe the previous owners took it out? :?: :?: Anyways, its not there. I need to remove the radio to check the number up there. Does anyone know how to do this? Or know any sites that will give me step by step instructions on how to remove the radio? FREE? Because i?v been looking for a while, but not having any luck. I did tho, find a few sites that would give instructions for a small fee. Thanks again.

Reply to
gakor

Why isn't there some sort of regulation that a used car cant be sold with out a OWNERS MANUAL?? At least for safety reasons.... It should be mounted in such a way, for easy access. I bought a chair the other day..the cushion had a label on it "Do not remove under penalty of the law". Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Good point.

Maybe if enough people buy used cars and get hurt and successfully claim that it was the result of no owner's manual...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

That would be a far smarter thing to do but the security code for my radio was on a sticker stuck to the inside of my glove box.

I am absolutely positive since I had to enter it after the battery was disconnected when working on the car.

Reply to
Brian Stell

Probably because it is easy to determine if there is an owner's manual when buying the car, and safe operation of the car is the driver's responsibility. Caveat emptor applies if the subject is obvious.

An interesting comparison! Of course, there the subject is hidden (the sort of material the cushion is stuffed with) but the amount of importance seems out of whack. Unfortunately, horse hair was a common stuffing when the requirement was set and some people are deathly allergic to horse hair (my son would have suffered a serious asthma attack if in the same room when he was young).

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

that "penalty of law" label applies to the retailer, not the consumer. read it.

Reply to
jim beam

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 'OWNER'S MANUAL DISCLAIMER' is "This owner's manual should be considered a permanent part of the vehicle, and should remain with the vehicle when it is sold"

Maybe Honda revamp the 'Check Engine' light, and just have an icon of an open booklet, and the letters RTFM. Blinking. Cool.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

That's the best idea yet!

Reply to
Seth

Oh, c'mon. You know the "check engine" light is mandated. But maybe the RTFM light could come on when a voice recognition device hears, "What the ...."

Reply to
Michael Pardee