Need help with radio

I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery died. I replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesnt work. The radio asks for a security code, but my car dealers didnt give me one.
I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. Can anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a factory radio. Thanks ahead :D :D
Waiving the right to remain silent, gakor

Look in the owner's packet of stuff. It should be in there.

The United States is the greatest country in the world..!
"" wrote: > Waiving the right to remain silent, gakor
> > > I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery > died. I > > replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn't work. > The radio > > asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn't give me > one. > > > > I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. > Can > > anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a > factory > > radio. Thanks ahead :D :D > > Look in the owner's packet of stuff. It should be in there. > > -- > Larry J. - Remove spamtrap in ALLCAPS to e-mail > > The United States is the greatest country in the world..! > Eleven million illegal aliens can't be wrong.
I bought the car used, so i didnt get the owners manual with it.
said:

out a OWNERS MANUAL?? At least for safety reasons.... It should be mounted in such a way, for easy access. I bought a chair the other day..the cushion had a label on it "Do not remove under penalty of the law". Andy

Good point.
Maybe if enough people buy used cars and get hurt and successfully claim that it was the result of no owner's manual...

Probably because it is easy to determine if there is an owner's manual when buying the car, and safe operation of the car is the driver's responsibility. Caveat emptor applies if the subject is obvious.

of material the cushion is stuffed with) but the amount of importance seems out of whack. Unfortunately, horse hair was a common stuffing when the requirement was set and some people are deathly allergic to horse hair (my son would have suffered a serious asthma attack if in the same room when he was young).
Mike
Andy & Carol wrote:

read it.
jim beam wrote: <SNIP>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The 'OWNER'S MANUAL DISCLAIMER' is on the inside cover of ALL the Honda manuals, and it says:
"This owner's manual should be considered a permanent part of the vehicle, and should remain with the vehicle when it is sold"
Maybe Honda revamp the 'Check Engine' light, and just have an icon of an open booklet, and the letters RTFM. Blinking. Cool.
'Curly'

That's the best idea yet!

light could come on when a voice recognition device hears, "What the ...." <8^)
Mike

http://www.odyclub.com
Full information there about undoing the dash panels to get to the radio. It's actually quite easy. Put the gearshit lever down into 1, put your fingers behind the dash panel on the left by the gearshift, and yank.
Anyway, at some point Honda gave their radios the ability to read out their serial numbers on the display. If that's the case, you don't have to yank your radio. All you need is the serial number, and the dealer can give you the code.
But if the radio can't read out the s/n on the display, you'll have to yank it to get the s/n for the dealer.
"gakor" wrote: > I have a Honda Odyssey, (not 2005 model), and my battery died. > I replaced it without a problem, but my radio doesn't work. > The radio asks for a security code, but my car dealers didn't > give me one. > > I need step-by-step instructions on how to remove the radio. > Can anyone help me with this? I bought the car used, and its a > factory radio. Thanks ahead :D :D
Ohh common! Cant anyone help me? :cry:
Emo gave you a link on where you can find the info.
http://www.odyclub.com

gakor wrote:

-------------------------
Call the dealer who used to service that Odyssey (of unknown vintage) and they will look up the code in the computer. They often keep it on file in case the techs have to remove the battery.
They will want your VIN. Order a manual while you have them on the phone too. Get their fax number, since you may have to fax your registration to them. You should also fax it to the national office of Honda for the sake of getting notified of recalls / whatever.
'Curly'
gakor wrote:

Some dealers put the security code sticker in the glove box. Seems like a bad idea for security (thieves can get it) but convenient for the service department if they have to disconnect the battery.

No, they don't put the security code in the glove box. They put the serial number sticker, supplied with the car from Honda, in the glove box--per the instructions in the owner's manual.
"" wrote:
> > > Some dealers put the security code sticker in > > the glove box. Seems like a bad idea for > > security (thieves can get it) but convenient > > for the service department if they have to > > disconnect the battery. > > No, they don't put the security code in the glove box. They > put the > serial number sticker, supplied with the car from Honda, in > the glove > box--per the instructions in the owner's manual.
Yes, I know this. I checked many sites, and lots of people said that you can find your security code in the glove box\fuse box. I checked all over the car, I mean, EVERYWERE. Its not there. Maybe the previous owners took it out? :?: :?: Anyways, its not there. I need to remove the radio to check the number up there. Does anyone know how to do this? Or know any sites that will give me step by step instructions on how to remove the radio? FREE? Because iv been looking for a while, but not having any luck. I did tho, find a few sites that would give instructions for a small fee. Thanks again.

That would be a far smarter thing to do but the security code for my radio was on a sticker stuck to the inside of my glove box.
I am absolutely positive since I had to enter it after the battery was disconnected when working on the car.