Need help with some odd rattle from back of car.

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Honda CIvic EX 4 door with 54k miles, and i'm having another issue with this car, after i bought it. There is a odd rattle coming from the back of the car everytime the car goes over a small bump in the road. I've emptied all the items from the car, made sure the spare along with all tools are securely tied down etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Luke

Reply to
Luke

Start by inspecting the exhaust piping bolts and hangers. Grab hold of the piping (after the car is COOL) and try to shake it a bit and listen for rattles. You can try pushing up and down on the front and rear bumpers and see if you can replicate and narrow down the source, too.

Also, the catalytic converter heat shield often comes loose and needs to be re-bolted into place or torn off and abandoned.

Elle Heat shield free since 2001.

"Luke" wrote

i'm having

odd rattle

over a small

made sure

Reply to
Elle

I've seen it where the cheap plastic hubcap covers were rattling. If you have them, they are quickly removed for testing.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

a mechanic told me that my right rear control arm is bent and thats why its ratteling, however i dont think thats the case. Does anyone of you have a photo of the control arms on a 2000 honda civic ex 4 door. they seem to be both some what curved so i dont know if thats the design.

Thanks

Reply to
Luke

Rear strut lower mount is loose or worn.

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

I had a similar problem with my 99 accord but in the front

the noise wound up being the sway bar links

go with OEM honda only the after market ones will wear out in about a year

Stewart DIBBS wrote:

Reply to
Ray