Negotiating a good deal for a Used or Certified Pre-Owned Honda Odyssey

I am currently in the market for a used or certified pre-owned Honda Odyssey. Options on the minivan are less important for me as long as the target minivan is value for the money.
If the dealer price is $24K on a certified pre-owned Honda Odyssey, what should be the floor and ceiling prices of my negotiation?
I am thinking: Floor price: $14,400 Ceiling price: $16,800
Agreed wholeheartedly that Honda Odyssey is a great vehicle with proven quality and reliability.
But purely from a negotiation standpoint, am I being reasonable? My current position is to walk away from the deal if I cannot achieve my BATNA (ceiling price).
Thanks for any candid feedback.
Umar
You figure a dealer will knock more than $7K off the price of a certified pre-owned Odyssey? Good luck with that.
Try some price guides for an idea of a reasonable price on the van you're interested in. I would expect a CPO vehicle from a dealer to command a relatively high price.
Paul
: I am currently in the market for a used or certified pre-owned Honda : Odyssey. Options on the minivan are less important for me as long as : the target minivan is value for the money. : : If the dealer price is $24K on a certified pre-owned Honda Odyssey, : what should be the floor and ceiling prices of my negotiation? : : I am thinking: : Floor price: $14,400 : Ceiling price: $16,800 : : Agreed wholeheartedly that Honda Odyssey is a great vehicle with proven : quality and reliability. : : But purely from a negotiation standpoint, am I being reasonable? My : current position is to walk away from the deal if I cannot achieve my : BATNA (ceiling price). : : Thanks for any candid feedback. : : Umar :
snipped-for-privacy@indiatimes.com wrote:

    Check cars.com for comps in your area. bob
Before making a decision go to www.odyclub.com and read about the problems with the year you are looking at....